September 1, 2023
MFA Committee Form signed and delivered to Kat via email.
Committee members may sign this form electronically in Adobe.
- Thesis Abstract submitted to committee members
Between September 5 and 30, 2023
Student schedules meeting and meets with full committee
On or before December 15, 2023
Detailed Thesis Outline due to all committee members (see guidelines)
Between December 1 and 26, 2023
Plan of Study & Final Exam Request completed with Program Administrator
February 23, 2024
Apply for graduation online
March 5, 2024
Plan of Study and Final Exam Request due to Graduate College
March 8, 2024
Final Draft of thesis due to full committee. (see guidelines)
March 15, 2024, or 2 weeks before MFA show
- 30 postcards delivered to the office if you would like us to campus mail them to our faculty members.
- All publicity material delivered to the Program Administrator, images and copy for website and social media.
March 22, 2024, or one week before MFA Show
Show title and your name emailed to Studio Coordinator for vinyl cutting.
April 5, 2024
MFA Group Show Deadline - Send to Program Administrator
- Image of your work to be used on group show postcard
- Your name as you would like it to appear
- Title of show if different than “UICB MFA Thesis Exhibit”
Between April 1 - 12, 2024
MFA Defense scheduled
April Date TDB
Deadline to Register for Commencement: https://www.grad.uiowa.edu/degrees-and-graduation/commencement
Between April 8 - 16, 2024
- Final Examination Meetings
- 10-20 select images from your thesis work delivered to the UICB Office. These can be emailed or transferred via a pin drive. 300 dpi with 2000px on longest side
April 16, 2024
Final Exam Report due to Graduate College
April 23, 2024
Deposit of Thesis due to Graduate College by 5pm!
May 3, 2024
UICB Open House and MFA reception
May 10, 2024
UI Grad College Commencement