Application Procedure for the SAAH Studio Art MFA + UICB Graduate Certificate
The application deadline for Fall 2023 is February 1, 2023.
Applicants to the SAAH Studio Art MFA + UICB Graduate Certificate are expected to apply jointly to both the MFA program in Studio Art and to the Certificate Program at the Center for the Book. For more information about applying to the SAAH program go here. Students currently enrolled in the SAAH program may apply to the joint program by submitting the materials listed below.
Applicants should submit the following to the UI Center for the Book Certificate Admissions Committee.
- UICB Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- A one page Statement of Purpose.
- Either one or both of the following:
- A substantive academic or creative writing sample.
- A digital portfolio consisting of 10-15 work samples and images of your artwork that best represents your interests, accomplishments and abilities
- Format as a single 15-20 page PDF document containing 15-20 work samples
- Individual pages may include a single piece or multiple views of an item: for example, several page spreads
- Image files should be no larger than 1500 pixels in either direction
- An image list for your digital portfolio including: title, date completed, dimensions, materials, edition size (if applicable).
Three letters of recommendation - emailed by the recommender to email@example.com
All materials may be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your files are large, please consider using a file sharing service.
Certificate Admissions Committee
UI Center for the Book
216 North Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242